- Introduce family members and professionals in various fields to applications of Bowen theory
- Provide next steps for those who want to build upon an initial interest
- Support ongoing study and training
These educational programs:
- Support efforts to understand factors identified in Bowen theory to impact health and quality of life in families and society,
- Integrate knowledge from the natural sciences and the study of family systems in research and projects that benefit families and the community,
- Promote the efforts of individuals to develop a base of responsible leadership from which to address problems in the family and in organizations and
- Support applications within the health sciences, education, social service, religious, and business institutions
The natural systems theory developed by Murray Bowen provides a comprehensive framework for understanding and addressing human problems. Basic theoretical concepts can guide work in medicine, mental health, research, social services, education, politics, religious vocation, and business. The theory however is neither a fixed body of knowledge nor a set of techniques that can be appended to conventional thinking.
Letters to My Father
Center for the Study of Natural Systems and the Family presents this one-day virtual and in-person conference.
Back to the Basics
CSNSF will offer a monthly 3-hour seminar in a Zoom Room and individual coaching for up to 9 therapists or consultants who aim to strengthen their foundation in Bowen family systems theory. This program is designed for therapists and consultants who have attended the Bowen Center Postgraduate Training Program or a regional training program and who have an active clinical or consultation practice.
Beginning to Write
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, AND SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2023 ONLINE VIA ZOOM
This online program offers individuals with a background in Bowen theory and experience in working on differentiation of self the opportunity to build confidence in undertaking the work of writing for publication.
ESSENTIALS OF WRITING BASED IN BOWEN THEORY
DECEMBER 2023 – MARCH 2024
ON LINE VIA ZOOM
This online program is designed for individuals with a background in Bowen theory and experience in working toward differentiation of self who want to dedicate time to develop and continue writing projects for publication.
Three two-hour monthly seminars will include presentations by Dr. Katie Long with ample time for questions and discussion.