Welcome to Science and Natural Systems, a page dedicated to current science-based articles, websites, and discoveries. We invite you to read about science here, follow links to other sites and send us your science discoveries, questions, or ideas.
- Darwin Online
- Resources for Understanding Evolution at the National Academy of the Sciences
- One Zoom Tree of Life
- The Institute of Evolution
- Swarm Behavior
- Project Budburst and Other Topics
- Evolution Institute
A daily blog provided by Nature Magazine at no charge upon subscription. It provides links to articles of interest in the study of human evolution and the natural sciences. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nature Nature is the foremost international weekly scientific journal in the world and is the flagship journal for Nature Portfolio. It publishes the finest peer-reviewed research in all fields of science and technology on the basis of its originality, importance, interdisciplinary interest, timeliness, accessibility, elegance and surprising conclusions. Nature publishes landmark papers, award winning news, leading comment and expert opinion on important, topical scientific news and events that enable readers to share the latest discoveries in science and evolve the discussion amongst the global scientific community.
- Evelyn Fox Keller (1936–2023), philosopher who questioned gender roles in scienceby Marga Vicedo on December 1, 2023 at 12:00 am
Nature, Published online: 01 December 2023; doi:10.1038/d41586-023-03819-4Mathematical biologist, philosopher and historian of science who challenged the vision of science as a masculine activity.
- Gravitational waves from mega black-hole collision reveal long-sought ‘ringing’by Davide Castelvecchi on December 1, 2023 at 12:00 am
Nature, Published online: 01 December 2023; doi:10.1038/d41586-023-03813-wResearchers find massive merger’s signature aftershocks hidden in 2019 data from LIGO and Virgo detectors.
- Approaching 1.5 °C: how will we know we’ve reached this crucial warming mark?by Richard A. Betts on December 1, 2023 at 12:00 am
Nature, Published online: 01 December 2023; doi:10.1038/d41586-023-03775-zAssessing global mean temperature rise using the average warming over the previous one or two decades will delay formal recognition of when Earth breaches the Paris agreement’s 1.5 °C guard rail. Here is what’s needed to avoid the wait.
- Endlingsby Giancarla Espinosa Aritao on December 1, 2023 at 12:00 am
Nature, Published online: 01 December 2023; doi:10.1038/d41586-023-03822-9An accidental meeting.
- How to create compelling scientific data visualisationsby Julie Gould on December 1, 2023 at 12:00 am
Nature, Published online: 01 December 2023; doi:10.1038/d41586-023-03393-9Start with pen and paper, keep things simple, do your coding at the end, say data visualisation specialists.