Nature Nature is the foremost international weekly scientific journal in the world and is the flagship journal for Nature Portfolio. It publishes the finest peer-reviewed research in all fields of science and technology on the basis of its originality, importance, interdisciplinary interest, timeliness, accessibility, elegance and surprising conclusions. Nature publishes landmark papers, award winning news, leading comment and expert opinion on important, topical scientific news and events that enable readers to share the latest discoveries in science and evolve the discussion amongst the global scientific community.
- The UK’s rollback of climate policies will cost its citizens and the worldby Joeri Rogelj on September 29, 2023 at 12:00 am
Nature, Published online: 29 September 2023; doi:10.1038/d41586-023-03057-8Incoherent new climate-policy messages by Prime Minister Rishi Sunak will dissolve the UK’s climate leadership, stifle innovation’s momentum and cost consumers.
- The microbes lurking in saliva and more — September’s best science imagesby Emma Stoye on September 29, 2023 at 12:00 am
Nature, Published online: 29 September 2023; doi:10.1038/d41586-023-03066-7The month’s sharpest science shots, selected by Nature’s photo team.
- Tracking women’s mental health amid trauma in Yemenby Shihab Jamal on September 29, 2023 at 12:00 am
Nature, Published online: 29 September 2023; doi:10.1038/d41586-023-03099-yPsychologist Anjila Sultan returned to the city where she grew up, after witnessing the effects of war and cultural pressures on mothers and children.
- “Couldn’t cut it as a scientist.” How lab managers and technicians are smashing outdated stereotypesby Dom Byrne on September 29, 2023 at 12:00 am
Nature, Published online: 29 September 2023; doi:10.1038/d41586-023-03094-3Support staff should speak up more about how their skills drive scientific discovery, says glassblower Terri Adams.
- Scientists are waiting longer than ever to receive a Nobelby Lilly Tozer on September 29, 2023 at 12:00 am
Nature, Published online: 29 September 2023; doi:10.1038/d41586-023-03086-3Nobel laureates often receive the prize decades after their groundbreaking research — and that delay is getting longer.